By agreeing to the Terms you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is MoVET, Inc. of Denver, CO (the "Company").
Children Under Age 18
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age 18 to create Accounts that allow access to our Site.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect or maintain personal information that may include:
- Your name, age, email address, username, password, location, telephone number and other registration information
- Pet details that you provide, including name, species, breed, age, weight
- Pet Health Information that you provide us, which may include information or records relating to your pet medical or health history, health status and other health related information
- Health information about your pet prepared by the pet care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Site such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information
- Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site
- Details of your existing vet of record, and any information pertaining to the recovery of the pet(s) medical records
- Other information you input into the Site or related services
Usage of Personal Health Data
We may use your Personal and your Pet Health Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you with the Services
- To improve the quality of healthcare through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities
- To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service
- To notify you when Site updates are available,
- To market and promote the Site and the Services to you
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization
Security and Storage of Your Information
MoVET, Inc. cares about the security of your information and employs physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to help protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information, such as encryption. We do not store your personal health data on your computer or mobile device. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. As a result, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Storage of Personal Data
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of MoVET, Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
- We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Information We Collect Via Technology
We, and our third party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, file information and similar technology (collectively, "tracking technologies"). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service. When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers ("IDFA"), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device's location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. As you use the Site or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, "Anonymous Information"). We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices.
- Cookies. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies to make the Site and Service easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and MoVET, Inc. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you will not be able to stay logged in to the Site. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to "Do Not Track" signals set by your browser at this time. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it. [Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML 5. If you choose to delete Flash objects from our sites, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the sites or benefit from the information and services offered.]
- Real-Time Location. Certain features of the Site use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the Site can connect you to a health care provider who is licensed or authorized to provide services in the state where you are located.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our application(s) crashes on your mobile device we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s).
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
We may use De-Identified Information created by us without restriction.
Data Collected Through the Use of Service
After you set up your account, we collect information about how you use the Service and about your actions on the Service, including your scheduling, work schedule, your availability, your messages to others on the Service and comments you make on the Service forums or blog posts.
Information We Receive from Social Networking Sites
When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you login through Facebook or Google, or share content on Facebook, Instagram, or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network, and we will not post information about you on third party social media sites without your consent. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
With your permission, we may integrate our Service with your calendar system (such as Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.) in order to provide updates of your schedule on the Service to your calendar, and to integrate your calendar entries with your MoVET, Inc. schedule.
Information You Share with Third Parties
Modification of Information
Users will be able to update some of their information through the Site. Requests to modify any information may also be submitted directly to email@example.com.
From time to time, the Service will send communications about news and updates, advice and analytics relating to your use of the Service. The Service also facilitates communication between users by email, text message and in-app notifications. Users can adjust communications preferences through Settings.
- When the Service invites a user to register with the Service, we will send that user a message using the contact information provided.
- If you want to invite your friends, contacts or employees to try out the Service, we will send the contact an email, which may include your name and photo to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We will store these contacts for ease of connecting with them on the Service at a later time. We may also provide you the option to send invitations via SMS text message. You may not use the Service to send text messages unless you have the consent from the recipient to receive text message communications.
From time to time, we may send promotional messages. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can change your email preferences and click the "unsubscribe" button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect, information about your use of our website, and from our emails/communications, over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our Service or on other websites or apps, including on Facebook. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting "limit ad tracking" (iOS) or "opt-out of interest based ads" (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative's online resources, at networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA's resources at aboutads.info/choices, and you may also adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. You may also be able to opt-out of some - but not all - interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to for our internal purposes. When you deactivate your account, we will remove your information from view by others on the Service but we may retain your account information internally so that you can access your account history through an individual account and re-register an account more quickly in the future. You may request to delete your account information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others on the Service.
Limitations on Deletion of Information
You should report any security violations to us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Contacting UsIf you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Revision Date
This Policy was posted on April 1st 2022, and last revised on, and effective as of, April 1st 2022.