At MoVET we are passionate about pets! We are a veterinary clinic that offers preventative services only because we believe prevention and wellness are NOT an afterthought. Because of this, we go the extra mile and offer a truly unique, concierge experience for each and every one of our clients and their pets. Clients can have appointments in their home or in our clinic (designed to look just like your living room), they can discuss their medication with an informed team member in our up-front, transparent veterinary pharmacy, and clients can shop in our high end veterinary-approved boutique, even equipped with a self-washing dog bath station, where pampering is a must! Healthcare is so much more than treating an illness for us, it's personal.
Benefits of Working with MoVET
- People, not Employees culture.
- Flexible schedule for better quality of life. Reasonable hours expected. No emergencies! No medical appointments on weekends or holidays! But, if you want them there are plenty of opportunities.
- Pick up Relief shifts at partner clinics around town if you want to keep your skills up or earn extra cash! Oftentimes they need extra seasonal help during holidays, or weekends. We'll happily connect you with them!
- Work remotely with Telehealth. Pick up telehealth calls with only MoVET clients while you explore and travel for a week ... or two. Run triage or telemedicine -- don't know the difference? Don't worry we can help you with this. Don't skip a beat, we just have you jump back in doing in-person appointments when you get back!
- Safety during homecalls is taken very seriously. We travel in pairs. Technicians meet Veterinarians at every appointment, and Assistants meet Technicians at every appointment, unless the client is established and has already been screened (eg. owner is a good handler, the house is in a safe neighborhood, it&aspos;s a quick drop-off or simple no-hands-required appointment, etc).
- Company events & team celebrations.
- Mentorship & teaching opportunities.
- Growth path for career advancement.
Lead Veterinary Nurse / Technician
Experienced Veterinary Nurse to join exciting new veterinary startup!
Join MoVET for a unique opportunity to be a part of the senior leadership team and grow with an exciting new local, female run veterinary startup at the ground level! Under policy direction from the Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO), the Lead Veterinary Nurse will supervise administrative activities related to the clinic providing quality patient care and excellent client education. The Lead Veterinary Nurse will help set and review standard operating procedures (SOP) for nurses, be responsible for direct on-the-job training for new hires, and help supervise the nursing medical team within the Veterinary Services department. This position will initially work intimately with the Administration and CVO then plan to grow into supervising a team of technicians, assistants, and volunteers.
REPORTS TO: Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO)
Education & Experience Requirements:
High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university preferred but not required; or two-three years related experience as a technician in a leadership/ management role and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must demonstrate desire to continue learning in veterinary medicine, care and office skills. Certification is not a requirement.
Required Technology Skills:
Proficiency with technology is a must. Ability to quickly grasp and master technology advancements in computer performance / electronic methods of veterinary care and practice as our practice is highly technical. Clients use our mobile app for scheduling appointments which is integrated into our medical record system called ProVET. We need someone who can catch on quickly to the new technology and medical records software and would enjoy teaching it to other members of the team.
Required Technical Skills:
We're looking for nurses who are top of their game, with impeccable bedside manner, and confident in their technical abilities. The company is truly unique and relies heavily on nurse teams for in-clinic and home appointments for patient care and follow-up. The veterinarian only accompanies if needed for truly sick appointments or if clients are establishing care and a VCPR.
You will be responsible for the technical abilities you were trained for. If you can do a cysto, great, please do one! If you have a wealth of knowledge about nutrition for clients, great, please share it with them! If you can tell an ear infection from a mile away, please work the case up. We want you to feel empowered and excited when you come to work everyday. Not sure of something? Don't worry, you'll have an unbelievably supportive veterinary team you can always ask questions and get guidance from.
Ability to demonstrate mastery of all routine technician skills and independence in using such skills such as:
- Client Communication & Education
- Animal Handling/Catheter Placement/Injections
- Assist Veterinarians/Exam Room Protocol - Start to Finish
- Laboratory/Digital Radiography/Ultrasound/Laser Therapy Procedures
- Medication Preparation
- Patient Care (Post-Operative or Geriatric)
- Safety Protocols and Cleaning Standards
- Open to holistic and alternative medicine & fear free techniques
- Capable of lifting minimum 40 lbs.
- Any medical issues, such as allergies, that impair abilities to work with animals must be controllable through medication or any other means.
Ability to write routine SOAP reports and correspondence using correct english, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Ability to read and interpret documents such as patient charts, vaccine histories, medical labels, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before small groups of customers or employees of the hospital. Ability to graciously deal with client complaints and billing questions. Ability to successfully communicate with diverse personality types.
- Candidates must be able to confidently exhibit a technical knowledge of medications / diets / products sold, especially nutritional products and demonstrate salesmanship abilities in either a clinic or home appointment, as well as in our veterinary approved pet boutique. You will work closely with the CVO to make sure you're using the correct company language and sticking to the company's standard operating procedure.
- Knowledge regarding related federal and state animal health laws and regulations including OSHA. Ensure that the business and it's employees are in compliance with regulations. Inform the CVO of any regulatory issues.
- Develop and oversee completion of daily checklists and weekly maintenance logs.
- Work closely with the CVO to encourage productivity while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic work environment. Always be open to learn more, ability to take direction and critique. Time management is necessary to keep nurses and veterinarians on time for their appointments.
- Direct on-the-job training for new hires.
- Make recommendations to the Administration concerning personnel matters.
- Ability to resolve informal employee complaints and assist with conflict resolution.
- Plan, schedule, conduct Technician meetings and maintain meeting minutes.
- Act as a liaison between Administration and team members.
- Feel comfortable learning and utilizing virtual modalities for client telehealth consultations, triage, rechecks, and live virtual coaching sessions / training modules for clients (such as how to give SQ fluids).
- Function as a contact person for clients concerning medical complaints or problems that the client may be experiencing with the clinic or a staff member.
- Monitor, evaluate, and respond to client communications. And know when to forward on to Administration.
- Be organized and have a great attention to detail.
- Assume responsibility for compiling an inventory order list, logging inventory in our practice management software and other duties as assigned.
- Manage and monitor controlled drug logs and inventory levels.
- Organize, present and/or schedule Lunch and Learns, product training sessions, etc.
- Build friendly, professional relationships with vendor and sales representatives. Discuss new products with vendors and sales representatives and relay information to veterinarians and the Administration.
- Periodically check pricing across different vendors and present to Administration. Ensure costs are updated on a consistent basis in practice management software.
- Dependable attendance is required.
- Candidates will be responsible for opening the store in the morning by 9 am, keeping the self-serve dog wash clean, and keeping display counters organized in the veterinary pet-boutique. The pharmacy, veterinary boutique, and the self-serve dog wash are open (11am to 3pm) on weekends, and would be required to help with initially. (The clinic is not open for appointments on the weekend.)
- We are currently a small team. Happily assisting and helping out where a hand is needed and filling in when vacant positions arise or when hospital flow warrants would be needed for this position. We all help each other. Must be outgoing and friendly, with a sense of humor, because it's contagious and impacts our work environment if you're not. Our customers and team members will thank you!
- Assist Administration or CVO with other duties as needed.
- MUST love pets and have a passion for helping people. Be honest, trustworthy, reliable and kind.
Full or Part Time
- Excellent compensation: $17-$25/hr depending on experience / credentials and hours wanting to work.
- Participate in any employee professional program, Hill's, Royal Canin, JustFoodForPets, Purina, Elanco, Nutramax, etc. for significant cost savings.
- Pet boutique merchandise discount.
- Scrubs/uniform allotment.
- Personal computer allotment - iPad Pro
- Flexible work schedule. Major holidays off. Clinic is closed between Christmas and New Years.
Looking for a work-life balance? Look no further. No anesthesia, no urgent care/emergencies, no clinic appointments on weekends, no holidays. Clinic appointments are M-F 9am to 5pm. The pharmacy, veterinary boutique, and the self-serve dog wash are open (11am to 3pm) on weekends, and would be required to help with initially.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Veterinary Nurse / Technician Application” in the subject line. Include a resume and a cover letter describing your current and past experience and why you think you would be a good fit for the position.